FW 13.14 campaigns: Prada, Prada menswear & Miu Miu

Prada: Amanda Murphy, Cameron Russell, Caroline de Maigret, Catherine McNeil, Christy Turlington, Fei Fei Sun, Freja Beha Erichsen, Kristine Froseth, Malaika Firht, Rachel Williams & Sophia Ahrens by Steven Meisel.


I may spend more time crediting the models than doing the actual review xD
First of all I have to say this campaign is growing on me, so I may love it even more once I see it on any of the magazines I'll buy. And, that's funny since I hated the first two shots I saw. The reason was I saw Fei Fei's and Amanda's shots first, and I think their shots are hideous. They're not good enough for this campaign. 
But then I saw Freja was on it, and that's was crazy. Freja is back and Meisel finally shot her for Prada, after their "problem" a lot of seasons ago. Amazing.
So we had a good idea, but bad performers. And all of a sudden we have a good idea, some bad performers, two comebacks (Freja and Cat, funny too because of their story), and icon (Christy)....and then, Cameron. I've never been her fan, neither did I hate her. I always thought she was pretty, and I loved her German Vogue cover. But that was it, another pretty model, who looks good on the runway, but doesn't change my life anytime I see her. Well, this campaign shows I was wrong. She's the highlight, her shots leave me speechless. And her performance on the video? Simply WOW. No words can describe how intense that video is, and how intense Cameron's performance is. She nails it. She should have got this as OG.
The negative thing: way too many models.






















Puede que tarde más en nombrar a las modelos que en hacer la reseña xD
Primero quiero decir que esta campaña cada día me gusta más, así que igual tengo una opinión aún más positiva cuando la vea en revistas. Y eso es gracioso porque odié las dos primeras fotos que salieron. La razón fue que primero vi las fotos de Fei Fei y Amanda, las cuales me parecen horribles. No son los suficientemente buenas para esta campaña.
Pero luego vi a Freja y eso fue una locura. Freja ha vuelto y Meisel al fin se ha dignado a fotografiarla para Prada, después de su "problema" hace unas cuantas temporadas. Increíble.
Así que teníamos una buena idea, pero malas modelos. Y de repente tenemos una idea, malas modelos, dos comeback (Freja y Cat, lo cual es gracioso dada su historia), un icono (Christy)...y luego, apareció Cameron. Nunca he sido su fan, ni la he odiado tampoco. Siempre la he visto guapa, y me encanta su portada para Vogue Alemania. Pero eso era todo, otra modelo guapa que da el pego en pasarela, pero no cambia mi vida en ningún sentido. Bueno, pues en esta campaña se ve que estaba equivocada. Es la estrella, sus fotos me dejan sin palabras. ¿Y su actuación en el vídeo? Una pasada. No tengo palabras para describir lo intenso que es el vídeo y lo intensa que es su actuación. Lo ha clavado. Debería haberse llevada la campaña ella sola.
La parte negativa: demasiadas modelos.



Prada menswear: Christoph Walz, Ben Whishaw & Ezra Miller by David Sims.


I'm not going to lie, I know nothing about male models, men campaigns, etc... I know if a guy is cute, because that's easy, but I just don't care that much about male models. I don't know why. 
But I know I like this campaign. They're actors/celebrities, not models, but still, it's a nice campaign.
I can't really say why, though.
















No voy a mentir, no se nada de modelos masculinos, de campañas de hombres, etc...Puedo decir si un chico es mono, porque eso es fácil, pero no me importan mucho los modelos masculinos. Desconozco la razón. 
Pero me encanta esta campaña. Son actores, no modelos, pero aún así, es una campaña preciosa.
No sabría explicar las razones por las que me gusta, sin embargo.



Miu Miu: Katlin Aas, Emily Didonato, Daphne Groenveld, Georgia May Jagger, Adriana Lima, Marina Nerg, Hind Sahli, Anne Verhallen & Lindsey Wixson by Inez & Vinoodh.


And here comes the disappointment of the day. Isn't this bad? Because I think is a disaster.
I love the collection, I really do. I enjoyed the show because they went for new girls who were perfect for the look, there were no icons this time, and that was good. This collection needed new girls, looking young and pretty, and skinny but healthy. So, why do they hire these models? It makes no sense.
They don't fit the collection, they look out of place. Imagine this with Nastya Kusakina, for example...that would be perfect.
And, the concept? They had multiple ideas to make this campaign, to play with the clothes, and they do this. 
BIG disappointment.


















Y aquí llega la decepción del día. ¿No es esto malo? Porque yo creo que es un desastre.
Me encanta la colección, en serio. Disfruto viendo el desfile porque usaron chicas nuevas que eran perfectas para el look requerido, sin iconos de por medio. Se necesitaban chicas nuevas, jóvenes, guapas, delgadas y sanas. Así que, ¿por qué contratan a estas modelos? No tiene sentido. No pegan con la colección, están fuera de lugar. Imaginad esto con Nastya Kusakina, por ejemplo...sería perfecto.
Y, ¿el concepto? Tenían mil ideas, podían jugar con la ropa, y van y hacen eso. GRAN decepción.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed